Wednesday, December 15, 2010

living gluten free

So, the life of someone with food allergies may seem depressing. I sure thought so at first... but 7 years have passed since giving up gluten and let me tell you this.. there is gluten free junk food everywhere! :-) This post is going to be about my favorite gluten free foods, some are naturally gluten free and some we have to adapt but living gluten free is now so much easier!


First, I would have to start off with my new favorite bread.. Udi's! It is wonderful and has a great texture..






Next, anything that involves pasta will always been made in my house with Schar pasta. It has a great taste and consistency that even gluten full people enjoy!






Also, my favorite cookie is the chocolate peanut butter no bake cookie we always made growing up. Its creamy and got some oats for texture combined with my two favorite ingredients (chocolate and peanut butter). Seriously, how can you go wrong with them? But the best oats are....BOBS RED MILL!








Last but NOT least is my favorite pancake mix. I think my junior year of college I made pancakes from this just about every day, they are BY FAR the best pancakes I've had. =]




Just recently I found a gluten free support group that meets in the reading area and I'm really looking forward to going. If anyone knows ANYONE who is struggling with gluten free living, I have a lot of good resources and am willing to help as much as I can. 





2 comments:

  1. Hey Amy! I saw your blog on Facebook and have just started reading. I knew in highschool that you had to eat Gluten free, but I never truly understood Gluten until the recent months. I manage and Cafe called Raw Can Roll cafe (www.rawcanrollcafe.com) where all of our food is raw, vegan, all-natural, organic, gluten and dairy free. There are so many wonderfully delicious gluten free foods... I'm officially inviting you to stop down (especially if you're already in Reading, it's only a fifteen minute drive from there!) to try the food and catch up! You look gorgeous as always and I'm happy to see you're doing well with life :)

    Love,

    Debra

    ReplyDelete